CSU Stanislaus Early College
What is Early College?
TUSD students are able to enroll in a 3-unit college course that is taught at their high school site during A-period, but units are earned through Stanislaus State.
What CSU, Stanislaus courses are offered?
The classes rotate on a 2-year rotation, but are subject to change. Previous courses have included classes, such as Ethnic Studies, Sociology, Philosophy, and Anthropology.
Will these classes transfer to any college/university? If they don't, why should I take them?
- The college courses are transferable to other universities within the California State University (CSU) system; however, the course may or may not transfer to universities within the University of California system (UC) or private or out-of-state colleges
- Even if the college you attend doesn't accept the units, completing these courses is still helpful as it makes students more competitive in the admission process.
Who can enroll in the Early College classes?
This opportunity is for juniors and seniors who have a 3.0 or above.
How does a student sign up for the CSU, Stanislaus Early College courses?
- Courses will be advertised in grade-level Google Classrooms each semester and are first-come, first-served.
- Sign ups begin in August for the fall semester and late November through December for the spring semester.
Once a student is a senior, how do they access the units they have earned?
- Upon graduation, it is the students responsibility to send CSU, Stanislaus transcripts to final college of enrollment; however, students attending CSU, Stanislaus will not need to send transcripts as they will be on file with the university.
Students can request official transcripts from Stan State here: Stan State Transcript Request