Code of Ethics
Central California Athletic League
In addition to the Sac-Joaquin Section Code of Ethics the following is expressly made a part of the Code of Ethics of this League. The purpose of this Code of Ethics is not to restrict but to guarantee the continuation of desirable inter-school relationships. The guidelines indicated below are meant to serve as a framework of operation for students and school officials. In adhering to this Code of Ethics, individuals within each of these two groups will be contributing toward the establishment and continuation of a superior type of interscholastic sports activity.
1. Members of the respective student bodies should support their teams by:
2. Positive signs only. No handheld signs are allowed.
3. All spirit signs shall be approved by the principal or his/her designee.
4. All signs shall be hung in a designated area determined by the home team.
5. All signs shall be properly disposed of after each game.
6. Cheerleaders should put up and take down signs. Visitors must post signs at outdoor events, but only on their side of the field. No signs may be posted by visitors at indoor events.
7. The sign policy should be reviewed on a yearly basis by students and principals.
- Remaining in their rooting section during their games.
- Cooperating with the yell leaders of both schools.
- Treating opponents, game officials, visiting students, and spectators as guests.
- Accepting gratuitously the decision of officials.
- Demonstrating sportsmanship at all times by displaying self-control before, during, and after all contests.
- Demonstrating respect for public and private property.
- No spectators will be admitted or allowed to remain who wear masks or other objects that conceal their identities.
- No painted faces at indoor events.
- No derogatory statements about opposing teams or players.
- Signs shall be supporting your own school or team.
- Tape must be removed.
- All surfaces shall be cleaned.
CIF Sac-Joaquin Section Sportsmanship Resolution
That the Sac-Joaquin Section will distribute a contract to each of its member schools requesting that the appropriate administrator(s) distribute, review, and discuss the enclosed recommendations of the State CIF Federated Council with all members of each school's administrative staff, coaching staffs, athletic squads, spirit squads, booster clubs, drill team, marching band, faculty, and any other school entity concerned or involved with interscholastic athletes.
Code of Ethics
It is the duty of all concerned with high school athletics and other physical activities:
Note: The following rules regarding noisemakers are to be followed by all CIF Sac-Joaquin Section schools:
Noisemakers at ALL indoor events are prohibited. Whistles, airhorns, and other air-powered or mechanically powered devices are prohibited at all events.
- To emphasize the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play.
- To eliminate all possibilities which tend to destroy the best values of the game.
- To stress the values derived from playing the game fairly.
- To show cordial courtesy to visiting teams and officials.
- To establish a happy relationship between visitors and hosts.
- To respect the integrity and judgment of sports officials.
- To achieve a thorough understanding and acceptance of rules of the game and the standards of eligibility.
- To encourage leadership, use of initiative, and good judgment by the players on a team.
- To recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, social and emotional well being of the individual players.