That the Sac-Joaquin Section will distribute a contract to each of its member schools requesting that the appropriate administrator(s) distribute, review, and discuss the enclosed recommendations of the State CIF Federated Council with all members of each school's administrative staff, coaching staffs, athletic squads, spirit squads, booster clubs, drill team, marching band, faculty, and any other school entity concerned or involved with interscholastic athletes.
CODE OF ETHICS
It is the duty of all concerned with high school athletics and other physical activities:
- To emphasize the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play.
- To eliminate all possibilities which tend to destroy the best values of the game.
- To stress the values derived from playing the game fairly.
- To show cordial courtesy to visiting teams and officials.
- To establish a happy relationship between visitors and hosts.
- To respect the integrity and judgment of sports officials.
- To achieve a thorough understanding and acceptance of rules of the game and the standards of eligibility.
- To encourage leadership, use of initiative, and good judgment by the players on a team.
- To recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, social and emotional well being of the individual players.
Note: The following rules regarding noisemakers are to be followed by all CIF Sac-Joaquin Section schools:
Noisemakers at ALL indoor events are prohibited. Whistles, airhorns, and other air-powered or mechanically powered devices are prohibited at all events.